Welcome To

Accountants For Childminders

Get Quote

When you run a child-minding business, you have a lot on your plate. You are unlikely to be thinking much about the books, which is why you need the help of accountants for childminders.

No Obligation Quote
Get in contact today

4.8 stars out of 475 reviews

Depending on the size of your owner-managed business, you have a lot of little ones in your care whose parents and guardians are trusting you with. You not only have to worry about taking care of their needs while they are in your care, like feeding them and keeping them clean, but you also play a part in encouraging them to learn and develop.

When you are trying to run a business like that, the last thing you want to think about is the books, accounting and tax and other important administrative and legal aspects of the childcare sector.

Need a hand?

Get advice from experts!

Get in touch

At TaxBite, we can help; we have a team of dedicated and fully qualified childminder accountants ready and waiting to help you get control over your business. We always aim, like you do, to offer a first-class client service. Providing the accountancy services you need when you need them.

Why you Need Tax Bite Childminder Accountants

It can be difficult to stay on top of your business finances no matter what business you run, but when you have a childminding service, there are all the legalities and documentation that need to be kept up to date.

There is so much about the financial side of your profession and sector that can be intimidating and confusing. Particularly if you are a relatively new business.

At Tax Bite, though, we can take care of all that for you. All you need to do is concentrate on what you are good at, looking after those children under your care. We will manage all the mundane, specialist and boring stuff.

We have a friendly and helpful approach, and as we are a modern accounting firm, we also have a technology-based approach.

We are accountancy wizards, and our chartered accountants have worked with many childminder clients in the past, whether it’s been small businesses with several employees or single childminders working self-employed.

We can help you get up and running in no time, and not only will we keep your books in order, but we will look for ways to help you save on those hideous tax bills that come around every year.

Speak To A Chartered Accountant
Get expert advice

Tax and Expenses

One of the main ways we can help you with your childminding business is by supplying expert and qualified tax advice and support.

As well as helping to file your self-assessment tax return to HMRC, we can also help you claim back various expenses to help your business become more tax-efficient and keep your profits high and tax bills lower.

What Expenses Are Covered?

Various expenses come with working as a childminder. Some of the most common that you a claim back from HMRC include:

  • Wipes and nappies
  • Food and drinks
  • Stationary
  • Play equipment and toys
  • Craft Supplies
  • Cleaning solutions and materials
  • Marketing and advertising for your childminding services
  • Accountancy costs (so we can help you save money by claiming back as expenses what you pay us for our services)
  • Vehicle and travel expenses
  • Health and safety equipment
  • DBS Certification (necessary to show you are legally able to work with children)
  • OFSTED Registration Costs
  • Insurance policies
  • Computer and multimedia equipment
  • Electricity and heating bills
  • Other household bills
  • Internet and telephone bills

The general rule of thumb when it comes to expenses, which is worth keeping in mind if there is something not listed here, is that if it is used for just your childminding business, then it’s possible you can claim it as an expense, either fully or partially.

The most important way we help with HMRC, self-assessment and tax is by ensuring that all your paperwork is filled out correctly and that your books are kept up to date and filed accurately so that you are always tax compliant.

Dedicated Accountants
Hire an accountant that you can rely on

Why Do you Need a Specialist Childminding Accountant?

You may wonder, though, why you should hire an accountancy firm with experience in childminding accounting.

Surely, they are all the same?

If that’s what you think, then we are here to tell you that although a more generally qualified and experienced accountant will be able to help with bookkeeping and general tax assistance, they will not know the finer points and more complex legalities involved in the childminding profession.

That’s why you need to speak to one of the team here at Tax Bite. We have specialist experience of more than 10 years in the industry and have helped countless individuals and businesses to stay compliant and grow. The proactive and friendly accountant that works for you will help you with income tax, tax return filing and advice, and other aspects of your childcare

Accounting Services For Childminders

We understand being a childminder or even owning a child-minding business can be very time-consuming. Figuring out how to generate more work, doing any training, signing up to correct paperwork. On top of all of that, doing your own tax work can be daunting. That’s why our team here at TaxBite are here to help make your life easier and take the stress away.

Our team offer various services such as:

We offer various other services for childminders. Check out our accounting services page.

Contact Our Team
Let’s have a chat

Accounting Software For Childminders

There is various accounting software available for childminders. Accounting software essentially helps keep everything in order, such as receipts, vat records & tax payments.

Here is some accounting software that you can use as a childminder:

If you want to know the best accounting software for childminders, then get in touch with our team today. We will be able to ask you a few questions and find the best solution for you.

Get In Touch

Whether you are just starting a childminding business or have been running one for some time and need a new or first accountant to come in and help you out, speak to Tax Bite today.

Dedicated Accountants
Hire an dedicated accountant today

We can assign you your dedicated accountant who will deal with everything for you about business finances. We are proud to say we are client-driven and offer a friendly, professional and effective service that is hard for our affordable prices.

Accountants For Childminders